Cleo 5.3 Released Providing Greater Enterprise Functionality
Cleo have announced the general release of Cleo VersaLex 5.3, which powers the Cleo Lexicom®, Cleo VL Trader® and Cleo Harmony® secure integration solutions, the Cleo Jetsonic™ extreme file transfer solution and the Cleo Trust™ and Cleo Unity™ secure file sharing solutions.
This release of Cleo VersaLex 5.3 includes:
- Cleo Jetsonic – the high-speed, secure file transfer protocol, used across the Cleo product line has had the following enhancements. The thread management has been enhanced to allow you to send combinations of files of mixed sizes. And the protocol can now support metadata customisation. For example, in addition to files being transferred, you can use the metadata to carry information (such as the file’s original location, size and modification time) to implement extended use cases, like replication.
- The incorporation of an extensive set of REST-based APIs, allowing easy integration between Cleo Harmony or Cleo VL Trader and provisioning or operational systems regardless of implementation and topology.
- Cleo Harmony and Cleo VLTrader can schedule actions to run based on when certain event triggers occur, triggering actions based on when a file immediately arrives in an inbox or when the user ends the session and logs off. This extra control and precision provided by the event triggers eliminates unnecessary overhead created by constantly polling your inboxes and files.
- The new Cleo Portal, a modern HTML5 interface, provides the ability to manage the exchange of large files between enterprise staff, external entities, and among people sending updates to a system.
- Cleo VLTrader and Cleo Harmony introduces a new Users group that allows you to provision individual user accounts to have access to FTP, SFTP, and HTTP with the same credentials, giving your customers an easy choice between which protocols they want to use. HTTP access is through the new Cleo Portal, which also gives access to detailed information about files transferred through any of the protocols.
- In Cleo Harmony and Cleo VLTrader, you can now use time zones when scheduling actions. For example, you could set a job to run at 6pm in the US without needing to work out the Timezone offset or worrying about changing this during daylight savings.
- You can now deploy the Cleo Unify product along with Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader as a single installation. Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader installations can have Cleo Unify enabled with a simple license key change provided they have a database configured, and Cleo Unify installations can similarly enable Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader functionality via license key.
“Speed and reliability of data movement and integration are more of a concern every day for companies exchanging mission-critical files, especially in high-volume business operations. This set of product releases further enables the Cleo Integration Suite to speed business execution while at the same time enabling those businesses to become more nimble and agile as they move and integrate their critical data flows.”
Joe Dupree, VP Marketing, Cleo
Cleo VersaLex 5.3 is available to all Cleo Lexicom, Cleo VL Trader and Cleo Harmony customers under current support. Software updates are sent to Cleo customers directly through the software.
For more information on the new features, or if you require a demo, please do not hesitate to contact our team of managed file transfer consultants on 020 7118 9640.