Managed File Transfer Comparison Guide
[Updated – September 2017]
Our comparison guide is aimed at businesses of all shapes and sizes wanting to compare Managed File Transfer software. It answers the main questions we’re regularly asked about data transfer solutions and speeds up your selection process by allowing you to compare products side-by-side.
Unlike software vendors, who will obviously want to sell you their product, this guide gives an impartial comparison. That’s because Pro2col are independent experts in data transfer, able help you select and implement the best technology for your business requirements and budget.
Before downloading the guide though, you need to make sure you’re ready to compare solutions. To do this you must understand exactly what you and all your stakeholders within the business need, both now and in the future. Without this information you could source the wrong solution and that will cost you in the long run. If you need to do some more preparation, visit pro2col.com to access other free planning resources and find out about our needs analysis service.
If you’re confident that you’ve got all this information, then this comparison guide is for you. It’s an updated fourth edition and reviews ten instead of the original eight most cost effective, popular and features-rich products on the market. We’ve included a new section on compliance too, which is important to consider with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) around the corner.
It’s split into six sections:
- Solution Basics answers the key questions that more or less everyone
asks us, when looking for a data transfer solution.
- Business Strategy prompts you to consider how your solution will be impacted by other policies within the business.
- Technical Details looks at some of the key features of solutions at a more granular level.
- Automation Options lists the most commonly required automation features; a key component of any Managed File Transfer solution.
- Transfer Protocols reviews eleven of the most widely used file transfer delivery protocols.
- Cloud Connectors lists eight of the most common cloud services that you’re likely to need to connect to.
- Compliance lists common compliance standards, including GDPR.
Naturally this guide only includes so much detail, but it should give you a clear view of which features you need and which vendors are a good fit. If you have other questions then contact our team of pre-sales and technical consultants, who can provide product information, demonstrations and software evaluations.
If you find this comparison guide useful, then you’ll benefit from reading Pro2col’s other free resources, including hints on building a business case. You can access these from our website pro2col.com.