Driving business initiatives using MFT workflow automation
This post looks at how secure data transfer solutions can address your workflow automation requirements. It includes a use-case demonstrating how a large-scale pharmacy with nearly 800 retail locations and 7000 employees streamlined operations, issuing over 70 million prescriptions each year. It is a guest blog post from Globalscape; a leading data transfer vendor working with Pro2col since 2010.
The reliability, efficiency, and security of a company’s IT infrastructure will impact upon its rate of growth and speed of response to changing markets. The management and flow of data is especially important – it affects compliance, Service Level Agreements, and the efficiency of daily business operations.
Homegrown file transfer processes can be slow, unreliable, and largely inefficient, especially when the volume of file transfer workflows vary. When accuracy and compliance is a priority, file transfer workflow automation has the power to enhance the overall operational efficiency and data transfer security for a company. It also reduces reliance on the only employee left who knows how to tweak the code of the homegrown solution!
Choosing a Managed File Transfer (MFT) solution is a great way to address your workflow automation requirements. MFT provides a secure and efficient IT infrastructure, helping your organisation manage complex, high-volume data transfer workflows and comply with government and industry standards. Some benefits include:
- Workflow automation is managed through a centralised platform, giving full control and operational visibility of all data transfer activity. This level of reporting is invaluable for compliance with regulation like the GDPR.
- You remove reliance on old operating systems, old scripting language or a dwindling knowledge base that can manage homegrown solutions within your organisaiton. You will be using a fully supported solution that is regularly updated to maintain security and compliance standards.
- MFT is scalable, meaning you can add additional modules as your business requirements grow. This future-proofs your solution.
This use-case from a large-scale pharmacy with nearly 800 retail locations and 7,000 employees, demonstrates how these benefits translate in practice.
Use case: A UK-based pharmacy
A UK-based retail pharmacy issuing over 70 million prescriptions each year was using two disparate file transfer systems during a time-sensitive business merger. The company wanted to simplify and better manage their automated and manual data transfers, especially those through their financial accounting systems.
This business successfully implemented Globalscape’s EFT Enterprise plus the additional Advanced Workflow Engine (AWE) and Auditing and Reporting Module (ARM). This simplified their complex and high volume file transfer workflows, whilst providing stringent security and compliance with relevant standards and legislation.
Some of the benefits realised by this business include:
- The improved file transfer system with automated workflows saved their IT department vast amounts of time and effort.
- Improved business processes, including a centrally controlled standard file archive and retention policy organised within clear and logical file and folder structures.
- This better and more organised process allowed IT support to quickly find tasks and activities involved in the data flows.
- The business streamlined their manual and automated processes, which eliminated the need for any human intervention or coding in various file transfer workflows. Consequently financial data transfers were more secure and at a reduced risk for payment fraud.
- Similarly, the business automated their auditing and reporting workflows through ARM, improving diagnostics. This gave greater visibility, allowing the IT department to fix existing problems, prevent future problems, and minimise vulnerabilities like failed data transfers, gaps in security, or data breach attempts.
You can find out more about how and why this business used MFT by downloading the full case-study.
Pro2col are Globalscape UK Master Partners, providing consultancy and professional services from demos, trials and licences, through to installations, training and support. Find out more about Globalscape and EFT Enterprise and the supporting modules. This is the latest in a series of guest blogs from the leading vendors, demonstrating how a file transfer solution can benefit your business.