COMPENSATION: Salary up to £45k depending on experience, pension contributions, contribution towards parking permit for office parking, 20 days holiday with an additional one-day per annum for the first 5 years of service.
We’re Pro2col, a leading and globally recognised managed file transfer (MFT) specialist.
Simplifying dataflows for our clients is at the heart of everything we do, with projects driven by information security, cloud migration and legacy system management.
We are proud to say we work with over 800 businesses both nationally and internationally and support major brands and organisations such as Next, RNLI, TalkTalk, Virgin Money, Barclays, KPMG, Sports Direct and more.
Our expertise in this mission critical technology has contributed to substantial company growth. Due to that growth we are now looking for a highly capable HR Business Partner to enable us to meet our strategic objectives as a business whilst providing first class support to our staff and internal teams . If you want to be part of a successful, globally recognised brand that cares greatly about developing our people, supporting our clients and giving back to our community please see below the type of skills required to be a great addition to our team.
Summary of role
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a subject matter expert on ER issues such as grievances, disciplinaries and sickness absence.
- An effective first point of contact for all managers and employees on all HR queries.
- To ensure HR & ER matters are handled in a fair, timely and consistent manner and in line with legal and company requirements.
- Manage end to end HR case management across the organisation including conducting investigations.
- Attend stages of HR/ER processes where appropriate, providing practical advice and guidance to people managers regarding critical and complex decisions
- Refer employees to Occupational Health and provide further support when required.
- Lead ER negotiations as required between the employees and the organisation and seek a win-win resolution.
- To take the lead on addressing any workplace conflict and strive to resolve them in a positive manner that benefits all parties and facilitates healthy work relationships.
- To make some significant advances with the state of ER and contribute to continued levels of engagement.
Policies and Procedures
- Create and own our people framework, standardising 121 documents to supplement drive of culture and values of the business
- Work with the Director of Operations to develop, monitor, review and update all policies and procedures in line with current employment legislation and best practice.
- Work with non-HR colleagues to fully embed the HR policies and procedures throughout the organisation.
- Regularly review and maintain the Employee Handbook.
- Support and coach line mangers to support their ability and confidence to effectively manage their teams.
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations design and deliver training and education sessions to employees and managers on both a formal and informal basis.
- Support managers in the implementation of HR solutions through early intervention and better management.
- To take an active role in supporting recruitment and owning onboarding and induction of new staff members
- Develop a learning culture with an L&D plan ensuring it is aligned to the values and goals
- Own delivery of internal training platform / knowledge base
- Contribute to development of departmental plans and skills gap analysis and job design
- Measure team engagement – draft plans and deliver strategy to increase engagement
- Roll out of new organisational values across every aspect of the business
- Create a talent strategy and competency frameworks to enable staff to see progression
- Input into succession planning
Address Employee Concerns
- Provide an advisory service to all employees ensuring they are fully aware of their rights and entitlements.
Systems & Analytics
- Maintaining the HR database and associated systems referring to the Director of Operations when necessary.
- Supporting and coaching managers to ensure HR databases and systems are updated on a timely basis.
- Be proactive in identifying HR issues within the business and work with key stakeholders in order to formulate and implement solutions.
- Deliver, track, analyse and interpret HR metrics to provide insight on trends and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
• To ensure you and all staff take reasonable care of their own and other people’s health and safety whilst at work.
• To ensure you and all staff attend and follow the training provided by the organisation to maintain good health and safety standards and you and all staff are familiar with relevant policies and procedures.
• To ensure all staff report accidents, incidents and unsafe practices to the appropriate person.
• To maintain your continued professional development.
• Training expertise and support for externally delivered training courses – ensuring that they follow industry-standard/best of breed delivery standards
• Support extension of community delivery into local schools and colleges, apprenticeships and graduate recruitment plus support the local work to make Bournemouth an IT hub
• The company is committed to anti-discriminatory policies and practices and it is essential that the post holder is willing to make a positive contribution to their promotion and implementation
• The post holder is required to observe strict and complete confidentiality regarding information obtained during the course of his/her duties
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years in a HR leadership/HR Business Partner position
- Minimum of level 5 CIPD in HR Management
- Experience in creation or ownership and delivery of a people framework
- Have led/supported recruitment & led/delivered inductions
- Strong ability to lead and support staff at all levels
- Experience in using and owning HR software
- Strong knowledge of employee relations, regulations, appeals process and contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Vast knowledge in HR/ER procedures and delivery of strategic objectives through HR support
- Supporting Managers both through training/coaching/mentoring in HR related skills and team-related issues
- Organisational development and building/contributing to HR strategy
- Experience in leading HR in a growing business
- Level 7 CIPD qualified
- Experience in both HR manager and business partner roles
- Experience in delivering/creating training for external clients
- L&D experience
WHOS THIS ROLE IS FOR:
This role is suited to an experienced strategic HR professional that is passionate about working with people and developing and delivering strategy. Alternatively this role is a good fit for somebody looking to make the next step in their professional HR career with a strong background in delivering HR leadership in a growing business.