GoAnywhere version 5.7 web and cloud app integrations
Many companies are moving up to 25% of their infrastructure to a third-party cloud platform, according to a recent survey carried out by HelpSystems. To help address the many growing challenges that come with it, HelpSystems launched version 5.7 of the GoAnywhere product suite. It includes new features and fixes and the greatly anticipated addition of Cloud Connectors.
GoAnywhere Cloud Connectors
Cloud Connectors are built-in web and cloud integration components that help you automatically move data to and from popular cloud platforms from within your projects and workflows. Available Cloud Connectors include Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, SharePoint, box, Dropbox and Google Drive, with others planned for the future too. There’s a new drag-and-drop interface in version 5.7 where you can build your own custom Cloud Connectors quickly and easily as well. A popular example of integrating a Cloud Connector is with Salesforce. The GoAnywhere out-of-the-box Salesforce connector would allow you to connect directly to the platform, retrieve your CRM data and process this locally instead of building and supporting your own home-grown solution. Another simple use-case could be a trading partner requesting you share an important file to a folder in Dropbox. You would download and install the Dropbox Cloud Connector from the market place, without any further need to upgrade the GoAnywhere MFT software.
Amazon S3 and Azure blob storage monitor
Also new to version 5.7 is the ability to monitor Amazon S3 and Azure blob storage. GoAnywhere allows you to define the individual virtual folder and file locations that can be accessed by Web Users. This can include cloud storage and data placed in Amazon S3 buckets or Azure blob storage is encrypted by GoAnywhere and includes standard features such as:
- Multiple folders and files can be authorised to the Web User, each having their own individual permissions.
- Home directories and sub-folders can be shared or private.
- Aliases can be defined to hide the physical names/locations of folders and files.
- Disk Quotas can limit the amount of disk space used by each Web User.
- Files and Folders can be shared between Web Users, including those belonging in different Domains.
The file monitor function is key to any MFT solution and is a stable core element of GoAnywhere. The file monitor function provides the ability to repeatedly scan for new, changed or deleted files in a folder. When a scan condition is met, the monitor can call a pre-defined project to process the file(s). Extending this function to Amazon S3 buckets and Azure blob storage now provides management control for your cloud-based storage requirements.
- If you are an existing GoAnywhere user wanting to add cloud connectors to your infrastructure, get in touch via our website or email your account manager directly.
- If you are considering investing in an MFT solution, we would recommend you complete the free MFT comparison. Answer a series of questions about your business requirements and our independent experts will review and recommend the best solution for you.