JOB TITLE: Technical Consultant
JOB TYPE: Permanent Contract, Full time
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm
Pay: Up to £45,000 dependant on experience
BENEFITS: 20 days holidays, increasing every year of service up to a maximum of 25 days. Company pension scheme. Quarterly team events. Hybrid Working. Company sick pay. Development opportunities e.g. vendor certifications and Certified File Transfer Professional (CFTP) qualification.
Please be aware our benefits are currently under review.
LOCATION: The Saxon Centre, Devonshire Suite, Christchurch, BH23 1PZ.
Our offices are located in the centre of Christchurch, next to the high street shops, with Christchurch Quay a 10-minute walk away and only five minutes from the railway station.
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Operations Director
CULTURE: Fun and hardworking team, with an ethical approach and charity and environmental focus. Believing in work life balance and creating a family first and supportive culture for all our employees.
Who Are We Looking for?
Business at Pro2col continues to grow, despite the current challenges of COVID-19. In fact, our secure file transfer and automation services are proving even more important to our customers at this difficult time. Due to this growth we are looking for a Technical Consultant to join our team.
The Technical Consultant will be responsible for pre-sales and technical support delivery. This role is the perfect fit for someone who has experience working as an enterprise or solutions architect.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customer and software vendors
- Work with the sales team to accurately scope the technical requirements for customer delivery
- Opportunity to provide software demonstrations to existing customers and new prospects
- Assisting prospects with installation and configuration of software proof of concepts
- Installation and configuration of software on customer servers and document the delivery and outcome
- Responsible for delivering managed service support and maintaining SLA’s
- Providing 1st and 2nd line helpdesk technical support
- Writing technical articles for internal distribution, technical top tips to share with customers, statements of work and contribute to internal technical training materials
- Continuous upskilling in the usage and support of core products through self-lead or guided learning
YOU WILL NEED:
- Experience liaising with third party software vendors and dealing with IT professionals as customers
- Good knowledge of networking and infrastructure e.g. Windows server and desktops
- Knowledge with various storage options, including SAN/NAS/S3/Blob
- Hands on experience with databases, including MySQL & SQL Server
- Competent with DNS/SSL Certs
- Authentication with AD/LDAP
- Experience working in a remote support helpdesk and/or technical customer facing role
- Strong communicator and ability to present to internal and external stakeholders
- MFT experience is desirable but not essential
Who We Are
Pro2col Ltd, a small technology company founded in 2004, have grown into a world-leading consultancy, respected for our specialist expertise in secure managed file transfer, automation and system integration. The amount of data across the globe is growing day by day and simplifying data flows for our clients is at the heart of everything we do, with projects driven by information security, cloud migration and legacy system management.
We are proud to say we are Gartner business partners, ISO 27001 and 9001 certified, a G-Cloud 12 Digital Marketplace supplier, and UK partners for the leading vendors in this technology. We have worked with over 800 businesses both nationally and internationally and support major brands and organisations such as Next, RNLI, TalkTalk, Virgin Money, Primark, Sports Direct and more.
As we’ve grown, we’ve worked hard to preserve our community ethos and our motto, ‘Doing things right, doing the right thing’, which motivates us day-to-day. Our values are: curious, courageous, committed, and community.
If you want to be part of a successful team that cares greatly about developing our people, supporting our clients and giving back to our community, then we would love to hear from you.