JOB TYPE: Permanent Contract, Full time
LOCATION: Devonshire Suite, Saxon Centre, Christchurch, BH23 1PZ preferred, home working considered. The new office is located next to the High Street with access to the Quay within a 10-minute walk.
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Operations Director
Salary up to £25k depending on experience, pension contributions, contribution towards parking permit for office parking, 20 days holiday with an additional one-day per annum for the first 5 years of service.
We’re Pro2col, a leading and globally recognised managed file transfer consultancy, with improving our client’s business process automation at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to say we have supplied solutions to over 800 businesses both nationally and internationally and work with major brands and organisations such as Next, Hermes, TalkTalk, Virgin Money, local and central government and many more.
Due to continued business success and growth, we are now looking for a highly capable Technical Support Analyst. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to ensure our customers mission critical systems are performing optimally and will be central to the overall success of the organisation.
If you want to be part of a successful, globally recognised consulting business, that cares greatly about is clients and its people, please see below.
Summary of role
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering incoming support phone calls from our customers
- Logging new support calls into the support system
- Basic issue resolution using template responses where we have them
- Capturing information relating to more complicated issues for second line support
- Daily follow up of all open tickets
- Providing internal office IT support to the team where required
- Making sure our demo systems running in AWS are working as expected
- Installation of demo software on Windows Server
- Management of licences in our demo suite
- Own documenting certain processes so that they are up to date and followed
- Responsible for maintaining the internal asset management register
- Ensure that our customers stay up to date with the latest software releases from our suppliers
- Capture learning from support tickets and our suppliers into the internal knowledge base
- Continued self-learning & guided training on our software products and associated infrastructure
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years working on a support helpdesk or technical customer-facing role in a business environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting first line technical support issues
- Some experience of working with Windows Server OS
- Basic knowledge of networking and infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication, proficient in English
- Willingness to listen and then ask relevant questions to help diagnose technical issues
- Good knowledge of Windows desktops
- Delivering support via remote desktop sharing software
- File transfer protocols experience advantageous
- Basic knowledge of databases, specifically MySQL or SQL Server
- Understanding of Active Directory and LDAP
- Knowledge of Linux advantageous
- IT professional qualifications are considered beneficial
- Working knowledge of AWS and/or Azure
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Attention to detail
- You should be keen to learn continuously both by yourself and with guidance
- Customer-oriented and calm under pressure
WHOS THIS ROLE IS FOR::
This role is the perfect fit for someone who is currently working in a first level technical support role, or someone recently graduated with an IT related degree. The role provides a clear career path for someone looking to become a technical specialist, with progression on to Technical Consultant and Senior Technical Consultant.