What’s new in MOVEit 8.0?
In version 8.0 MOVEit Managed File Transfer extends secure, compliant file-based workflows to mobile workers. Employees can send and receive work files with the enterprise-level security, visibility and control your business requires. These powerful new mobile capabilities are complemented by additional features to help IT confidently meet security and compliance demands.
MOVEit Mobile extends secure, compliant file-based workflows to mobile workers
MOVEit Mobile enables mobile workers on iOS and Android devices to access the power of MOVEit and participate in critical business processes, while confidently meeting IT security and compliance demands.
- Makes it easy for mobile users to participate in business processes: Secure sign-on, access and transfer of files, and ability to send and receive packages.
- Supports popular devices and integrates with native applications: Support for iOS devices including iPhone and iPad. Support for Android mobile phones and tablets.
- Provides a central administrator with visibility and control of all mobile file transfers: All the power of MOVEit’s centralized visibility and control for mobile file transfers. Control convenience features like PIN access and custom app branding.
New security capabilities help IT confidently meet security and compliance requirements
- Increased choice for anti-virus protection: Adds support for McAfee Web Gateway, continues to support Symantec and Sophos antivirus and scanning software.
- Enhanced security wizard: Streamlines security administration lockdown process, ensures secure configuration and enforces necessary steps to security harden a system running MOVEit.
- Latest vulnerability protection: MOVEit 8.0 supports the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 2013 list. OWASP is an open-source web application security project dedicated to enabling businesses to develop, purchase, and maintain applications that can be trusted. The goal of the Top 10 project is to raise awareness about application security by identifying some of the most critical risks facing organisations.
Enhanced email secure attach options offer more control over file transfer security
Microsoft Outlook users now have the choice to protect sensitive email messages and attachments.
- MOVEit Mobile automatically removes and securely transfers the attachment, while the subject, body and link to attachment are sent by Outlook, preserving the conversation context within the email.
- For sensitive emails, both the attachment and the message content can be removed and securely transferred by MOVEit.
- Similar flexibility is offered to users sending packages from the MOVEit web interface.
Updated System Support
- Windows Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012
- Outlook 2013
- Exchange 2013