Permanent Contract, Full time
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Up to £65,000 depending on relevant skills and experience
Pro2col operate a hybrid working policy, 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home per week. Our offices are located in the centre of Christchurch, next to the high street shops, with Christchurch Quay a 10-minute walk away and only five minutes from the railway station.
You may not have heard of us nor know what a Managed File Transfer solution is; but as a company growing 35% last year and in a growing industry worth over $1.13bn, we need the help of a Head of Technical to fuel our continued rapid growth.
We have recently won Independent Business of the Year at the Christchurch Business Awards. The award recognises vision, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit in Christchurch. We’re proud to be a local business that has gone from strength to strength over the years. All of which has been made possible by the hard work put forward by our incredible team.
We are a fun and hardworking team, with a proudly ethical, charitable and environmental focus. Believing in work life balance and creating a family-first and supportive culture for all our employees.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced manager to help to shape the Technical team of a company looking to launch into its next phase of growth. You will be responsible for managing a team of seven, providing specialist advice, guidance and problem resolution. You will be an important member of the Technical team, supporting the Technical Director and working alongside other Heads of Departments to drive growth and technical expertise.
What do we offer?
What do we expect from you?
- Oversee both pre sales and post sales activities for managed file transfer solutions
- Working closely with the Technical Director to further the aims of the team and the wider company, in accordance with his strategy
- Manage and support the Technical team in implementing best in class customer journey, maximising every opportunity to capture data, generate insights and maximise sales
- Lead the Technical team culture, creating departmental objectives
- Coach and develop team members and facilitate monthly one to ones, quarterly and annual performance reviews to enable the Technical team to reach their individual potential
- Conduct other technical management activities e.g. return to work interviews/wellbeing check ins
- Ensure customer solutions, issues and requests are delivered or resolved within SLA
- Act as a point of escalation, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve underlying problems in managed file transfer solutions
- Accountability for identifying, implementing and ongoing day-to-day management of ConnectWise
- Forecast demand for services and constantly update and refine plans, liaising with the sales, operations and marketing departments to ensure availability
- Produce, maintain, and constantly refine relevant management information reports
- Develop and maintain relationships with Partners
- Continued self-learning and guided training on our software products and associated infrastructure
- Any ad hoc duties required
What skills do you need?
- Experience in managing a team, setting goals and priorities
- Experience liaising with third party software partners and dealing with IT professionals as customers
- Good knowledge of networking and infrastructure e.g. Windows server and desktops
- Knowledge with various storage options, including SAN/NAS/S3/Blob
- Hands on experience with databases, including MySQL & SQL Server
- Competent with DNS/SSL Certs
- Authentication with AD/LDAP
- Experience working in a remote support helpdesk and/or technical customer facing role
- Strong communicator with ability to present solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with management information reporting
- MFT experience is desirable but not essential