Permanent Contract, Full time
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. Once every five weeks cover 24/7 help desk phone for an additional £100 per week when on call.
Up to £55,000 per annum, depending on experience
Pro2col operate a hybrid working policy, 1 to 2 days in the office and 3 to 4 days working from home per week depending on location. Our offices are located in the centre of Christchurch, next to the high street shops, with Christchurch Quay a 10-minute walk away and only five minutes from the railway station.
You may not have heard of us nor know what a Managed File Transfer solution is; but as a company growing 35% last year and in a growing industry worth over $1.13bn, we need the help of a Technical Consultant to fuel our continued rapid growth.
We have recently won Independent Business of the Year at the Christchurch Business Awards. The award recognises vision, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit in Christchurch. We’re proud to be a local business that has gone from strength to strength over the years. All of this has been made possible by the hard work put forward by our incredible team.
We are a fun and hardworking team, with a proudly ethical, charitable and environmental focus. Believing in work-life balance and creating a family-first and supportive culture for all our employees.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a technician who has experience working as an enterprise or solutions architect. You will be an important member of the technical team, responsible for presales and technical support delivery. Your work will empower the sales team and the wider company to achieve our goals and showcase our expertise.
What do we offer?
25 Days Holiday, increasing to 30 with service
A Health Cash Plan
Hybrid Working Policy
Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity
Enhanced Company Pension Scheme
Company Sick Pay
1 Day Charity / Community leave per year
A Cycle to Work Scheme
Quarterly Team Events
Password Vault Software for Up To 5 People
Generous Bonus Scheme Linked to Performance
What do we expect from you?
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and software partners to support our message of excellence
- Work with the technical team to accurately scope the technical requirements for customer delivery
- Opportunity to provide software demonstrations to existing customers and new prospects in order to assist sales with closing opportunities
- Assisting prospects with the installation and configuration of software proof of concepts
- Installation and configuration of software on customer servers and document the delivery and outcome
- Responsible for delivering managed service support and maintaining SLAs
- Providing 1st and 2nd line helpdesk technical support to ensure that our customers are always receiving an optimal MFT experience
- Writing technical articles for internal distribution, technical top tips to share with customers, statements of work and contributing to internal technical training materials
- Continuous upskilling in the usage and support of core products through self-lead or guided learning
- Any ad hoc duties as required
What skills do you need?
- Experience liaising with third-party software partners and dealing with IT professionals as customers
- Good knowledge of networking and infrastructure e.g. Windows servers and desktops
- Knowledge of various storage options, including SAN/NAS/S3/Blob
- Hands-on experience with databases, including MySQL & SQL Server
- Competent with DNS/SSL Certs
- Authentication with AD/LDAP
- Experience working in a remote support helpdesk and/or technical customer-facing role
- Strong communicator with the ability to present solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- MFT experience is desirable but not essential