Pro2col's Environmental PolicyIt is the policy of Pro2col Ltd to be responsible for the care and protection of the environment in which we operate. Pro2col Ltd are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
Pro2col recognises our key impacts to be in the areas of:
- Energy use – lighting, computers and accessories
- Waste generation – general waste and recycling
- Reduction in single use plastics and food packaging
- Water use – kitchen and bathroom facilities
- Transport – to and from the workplace and to customer/supplier visits
- Procurement – office/kitchen supplies
Carbon Balanced StatusPro2col have achieved carbon balanced status, by investing in global carbon balancing projects. Pro2col also incorporates the waste hierarchy system (Article 4 of the HM Government Waste Framework) into the company ethos, which gives priority to preventing waste in the first place and when waste is created, it gives priority to preparing it for re-use, then recycling and last of all disposal if no other option.
We will strive to:
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Regularly assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts.
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Publicise our environmental position in the office space and wider community.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate.
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems.
- Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations.
Pro2col have developed a series of action plans to supplement our environmental policy objectives:
• We will minimise the use of paper in the office
• We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
• We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible
Energy and Water
• We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible
• Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use
• The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing
• Purchase energy from renewable sources
• We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase
• We will purchase all office supplies, such as toilet rolls, bin bags, washing up liquid, soap and cleaning products from Two Rivers Refill, or alternative ethical suppliers wherever possible
• We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to
• We will promote the use of travel alternatives for meetings, such as e-mail, remote consulting and video/phone conferencing
• Encourage employees to use environmentally sound transport strategies whilst commuting to the place of work or business meetings, including additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bikes e.g. cycle to work scheme
Maintenance and Cleaning
• Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible
• We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste
Pro2col will involve all staff in the implementation of this policy, training employees in good environmental practice and encourage involvement in environmental action.
Pro2col will use local labour and materials wherever possible to reduce CO2 and help the community.
Last Reviewed – 7th January 2022 by Managing Director.