Permanent Contract, Full Time
Head of Operational Excellence
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm
Up to £35,000 per annum dependent on experience
Our offices are located in the centre of Christchurch, next to the high street shops, with Christchurch Quay a 10-minute walk away and only five minutes from the railway station. Please note the company is operating a hybrid working policy and is open to home working.
Over the last two decades Pro2col has been working with some of the world’s biggest brands. From High Street banks to supermarkets. Designer clothing brands to major media corporations. From global engineering firms to tech companies pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
And how have Pro2col helped these businesses?
We’ve helped them move, transfer and automate the data in their organisations to make them more effective, more efficient and ensured that their data (and often your data) is kept safe, secure and protected.
In an industry worth over $1bn we’re blazing a trail of excellence, growing 30% year on year and have established ourselves as THE data transfer and workflow automation specialists in the UK. Now we need an ambitious Finance Manager to fuel our continued rapid growth.
We are a fun and hardworking team, with a defiantly ethical, charitable and environmental focus. We’re proud to be a local business and are driven to do what we can to improve and cherish the beautiful town in which we’re based. And we believe in building a work life balance and creating a family-first and supportive culture for all our employees.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is AAT qualified and has experience working in finance within a SME.
You will be an important member of the Operations finance team, working alongside the Head of Operational Excellence, Finance Assistant and Finance Administrator on all day to day activities, identifying opportunities for improvement. Your work will allow the wider company to achieve our goals and showcase our expertise.
What do we offer?
What do we expect from you?
- Assist with the smooth running of the Operations Finance Department, in line with the evolving calendar timeline of events for financial reporting within the business
- Use the operational tracking spreadsheets to audit, approve and send sales invoices and audit and approve direct cost of sale on Xero, ensuring VAT and exchange rate entry is correct
- Use knowledge of the chart of accounts and budget holders within the company to troubleshoot business expenses and purchase invoices, auditing their input onto Xero and allocating spend correctly, assisting the Head of Operational Excellence with the creation of the monthly P&L reporting
- Provide to the business a forecast of creditors and monthly payment runs, provide the Head of Operational Excellence and business stakeholders with a cashflow forecast
- Competently and accurately run monthly payments to suppliers and monthly accruals for future liabilities
- Continuously research banking and best currency purchasing options available and present back to management and business stakeholders, along with reporting on exchange variance and tracking future contract spend
- Responsible for the accurate completion and troubleshooting of bank reconciliations, financial transaction auditing and VAT returns
- Assist the Head of Operational Excellence with the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Responsible for the accurate completion of monthly payroll, administration of the pension scheme, the correct representation of employee benefits and confidently report to HMRC on earnings
- Any ad hoc administrative tasks as required
What skills do you need?
- Three to five years finance experience
- AAT Level 4 qualification or AAT Level 3 studying to complete Level 4
- Experienced with accounting software e.g. Xero
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Team mentality, a positive attitude and a sense of humour