Permanent Contract, Part Time
Head of HR
22.5 hours per week, to be worked between Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
£11.50 to £12.50 per hour depending on experience
Our offices are located in the centre of Christchurch, next to the high street shops, with Christchurch Quay a 10-minute walk away and only five minutes from the railway station. Please note the company is operating a hybrid working policy.
You may not have heard of us nor know what a Managed File Transfer solution is; but as a company that has been growing over 30% year on year supporting many leading brands and businesses in an industry worth over $1bn, we need the help of a HR Administrator to fuel our continued rapid growth.
We’re proud to be a local business that has gone from strength to strength and have been trading for nearly 20 years. Pro2col are widely recognised as an industry leader in our field and at the 2022 Christchurch Business Awards we won ‘Independent Business of the Year’. The award recognises vision, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. All of which has been made possible by the hard work put forward by our incredible team.
We are a fun and hardworking team, with a proudly ethical, charitable and environmental focus. Believing in work life balance and creating a family-first and supportive culture for all our employees.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for somebody who has experience or is looking to gain experience in HR, whom we can help to further their career by helping to shape the HR team of a company looking to launch into its next phase of growth.
What do we offer?
What do we expect from you?
- Support the Head of HR with recruitment, HR and L&D queries across the company, escalating where needed
- Assist the recruiting manager and Head of HR with recruitment and selection activities, including advertising new vacancies and interview arrangements
- Assist with the onboarding and induction of new employees, including collecting documentation and booking training plans
- Support the Head of HR in reviewing and auditing people policies and practices in line with legal and company requirements
- Maintain accurate employee records, keeping HR systems up to date with changes as needed
- Assist the Head of HR with employee engagement surveys and follow up actions
- Support the Head of HR in the management of reward and recognition practices e.g. benefits administration
- Responsible for managing weekly training sessions, booking speakers and communicating to the team
- Support employees access relevant external training, including purchasing online courses
- Assist the Head of HR in managing the leaver process
- Ensure people matters are kept confidential and communicated appropriately
- Support community activities, including co-ordinating quarterly team events and social activities
- Assist the operations team with office management e.g. room bookings
- Continued professional development, keeping up to date with employment legislation and best practice
- Any ad hoc duties as required
What skills do you need?
- Administration experience is required
- HR experience is desired but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Process orientated with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team mentality, a positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Respects and adheres to confidentiality and data protection