Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy refers to our responsibility toward our environment. Our company’s existence is not lonely. It’s part of a bigger system of people, values, other organisations and nature. The social responsibility of a business is to give back to the world just as it gives to us.
What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy outlines our efforts to give back to the world as it gives to us.
This policy applies to our company and its subsidiaries. It may also refer to suppliers and partners.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
Our company will:
- Respect the law
- Honour its internal policies
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We’ll promote:
- Safety and fair dealing
- Respect toward the consumer
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
Examples of Corporate Social ResponsibilityProtecting the environment
Our company recognises the need to protect the natural environment as outlined in our Environmental Policy.
We’ll ensure that we:
- Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
- Avoid harming the lives of local and indigenous people.
- Support diversity and inclusion.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g. forced labour).
Examples of Corporate Social ResponsibilityDonations and aid
Our company may preserve a budget to make monetary donations. These donations will aim to:
- Advance the arts, education and community events.
- Alleviate those in need.
Pro2col operate an Employee Recognition Scheme whereby employees award each other values badges to recognise their achievements and say thank you. The employee with the most badges at the end of the company year, chooses a charity for the company to donate £500 towards. In 2021 two employees received joint first place, therefore £250 was donated to the Acute Medical Unit at Southampton Hospital and a further £250 was donated to Gingerbread, which provides advice and support for single parents.
Our company encourage our employees to volunteer by providing 1 day’s charity/community leave per year. They can volunteer through programs organised internally or externally. Our company may sponsor volunteering events from other organisations.
Preserving the environment
Apart from legal obligations, our company will proactively protect the environment. Pro2col have achieved carbon balanced status, by investing in global carbon balancing projects. Pro2col also incorporates the waste hierarchy system (Article 4 of the HM Government Waste Framework) into the company ethos, which gives priority to preventing waste in the first place and when waste is created, it gives priority to preparing it for re-use, then recycling and last of all disposal if no other option. Further examples of our commitment to preserving the environment are outlined within the Environmental Policy.
Supporting the community
Community is one of Pro2col’s values and is very close to our team’s hearts. We have established three charity groups:
- Brighter Futures
- Environmental Sustainability
- Health and Wellbeing
All employees are encouraged to join one of these groups to support our community activities. Please see below some examples of previous community activities:
• In 2019 we raised £9,489.22 for good causes including The Lewy Body Society, British Heart Foundation, Macmillan Cancer Support, Crohn’s and Colitis UK, Mind and Cancer Research UK
• In 2020 we provided $40,000 worth of our Certified File Transfer Professional training programme free of charge to our worldwide community, donated Christmas parcels to Little John’s House, a charity based in Romania providing care for children and young adults with special needs, and completed various fundraising runs, including a virtual marathon for the Willow Foundation
• In 2021 we raised funds for Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day, walked over hot coals for Parkinson’s UK, donated to the local food bank, and lead a beach clean as part of the Great British Beach Clean in partnership with the Marine Conversation Society
Further details on our community work can be found on the Pro2col blog.
Our company may initiate and support community investment and educational programs. It can provide support to non-profit organisations or movements to promote cultural and economic development of global and local communities.
The Global Goals
Pro2col support the Global Goals and have identified our priority goals as:
• Zero Hunger – Universal access to safe and nutritious food – by 2030, end hunger and ensure access by all people, in particular the poor and people in vulnerable situations, including infants, to safe, nutritious and sufficient food all year round
• Responsible consumption and production – Substantially reduce waste generation – by 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
• Life below water – Reduce marine pollution – by 2025, prevent and significantly reduce marine pollution of all kinds, in particular from land-based activities, including marine debris and nutrient pollution
• Life on land – End deforestation and restore degraded forests – by 2020, promote the implementation of sustainable management of all types of forests, halt deforestation, restore degraded forests and substantially increase afforestation and reforestation globally
More information on what we do to support these goals can be found on our website page Support the Goals.
We will be open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. Our company will try to continuously improve the way it operates.
Our company is committed to the United Nations Global Compact. We’ll readily act to promote our identity as a socially aware and responsible business. Management must communicate this policy on all levels. Managers are also responsible for resolving any CSR issues.
Last Reviewed – 31st May 2022 by Head of HR.