Digital transformation?Start by consolidating your data transfers
Starting your digital transformation is a daunting prospect. It is no secret that success is hard to achieve; researchers at the likes of MIT have proved it! Yet there is a simple starting point, which will get your project off on the right track. We recommend reviewing your data transfer processes and systems first. They tend to underpin most – if not all – of your operational processes, so you will quickly see opportunities to consolidate systems, whilst getting a great overview of what is in scope.
Your review should include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Existing FTP / SFTP servers;
- Managed File Transfer solution;
- Home grown solutions, particularly unmanaged scripts;
- Ad hoc employee file sharing.
If you already have an MFT solution, we almost guarantee you will spot opportunities to consolidate many of these disparate systems and processes. And if you don’t have one, you will quickly start to see the benefit. There’s the immediate cost savings, plus many more opportunities for efficiencies in the long run. You will also benefit from increased security and visibility, with MFT providing a ‘single pane of glass’ view across all your incoming and outgoing file transfers, plus integration with other security tools such as AV and DLP.
MFT’s data integration capabilities allow you to extend the life of legacy systems, whilst integrating with new cloud-based applications. You keep your options open for future expansion, whilst facilitating the immediate benefits of digital transformation.
Here are the five top ways this technology will drive your digital transformation:
- Empower employees with an accessible working environment;
- Gain visibility of all data within and beyond the organisation, enabling data-driven decision making and easier governance;
- Digitise your processes, including system-to-system, system-to-person, person-to-system and between people. This frees up time for employees to spend on value-add or mission critical work, whilst improving security;
- You can select the best possible technology for each requirement then integrate between systems using APIs, rather than compromising on a product because it offers the out-of-the-box connectivity you need. You can also easily integrate new technologies as they become available;
- Capitalise on the benefits of a cloud-based infrastructure, moving files to and from the cloud securely and integrating with applications to deliver onward business processes.
More on MFT and Digital Transformation
You can find out more about this technology in our White Paper, Enablers of Digital Transformation: MFT & Data Integration. You will get a clear understanding of the role Managed File Transfer plays in delivering all aspects of your data strategy, improving operational processes and security by integrating business applications.